Monday, May 7, 2007

Special K

In the first of many entries, I will take a look at a specific cereal and write what I think about it.



This week is Special K. I picked up 2 boxes on sale for $2.50 each at Safeway last week. It turns out the whole special part of the cereal just means that it's Rice Krispies...in flake form. When I was eating some this morning, I looked down into my bowl and thought, "huh, there's some Rice Krispies that got mixed into my Special K." Then I realized they were the same.

I like to think of Special K as the adult contemporary Rice Krispies. It's much more sophisticated than having three brightly dressed leprechauns tell you that your cereal is going to tell you things if you put your ear up to it after adding milk.

There's a measuring tape around the box and a pitch telling me that "Losing up to 6 lbs in 2 weeks just got easier". Great. With Special K not only do I NOT get a free toy or puzzles on the back, but I'm reminded that I'm transitioning into an adult and am not the skinny kid I use to be. Thanks a lot Kelloggs.

1 comment:

Amber Okamura said...

i like special k red berries. there is also a new chocolately delight version. i also feel we now have a breakfast food bond. yay!